Download printable version
ST HELENA SCHOOL
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5, Point 8
Actual Salary from £17,922
Start Date: 24th May 2021
We are looking to appoint a hard-working and reliable individual who will provide safeguarding and clerical support across the Pastoral Team.
This post is 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time, plus non-pupil days and 4 weeks non-pupil days).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Providing high quality administrative support to the Headteacher, Pastoral and the Pastoral Team;
● Organising meetings on behalf of the Deputy Headteacher, Pastoral and providing administrative support including minute taking when needed;
● Maintaining student records and databases, providing data as required;
● Providing administrative support for transition and admissions processes, including appeals;
● Providing administrative support for Managed Moves, following the latest guidance;
● Coordinating visits from outside agencies to support students.
We're looking for you if you have:
● A good standard of education (ideally A Level or equivalent);
● The ability to effectively manage your own time and prioritise work in a demanding environment;
● High level communication abilities and excellent IT skills in a range of software applications;
● Key attributes include a friendly, yet professional manner, and the ability both to maintain confidentiality and to handle difficult situations sensitively;
● The ability to work effectively and positively within a team.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification)
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We Can Offer You:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com reference 544. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 11th April 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
St Helena School, part of the Sigma Trust, is a highly-regarded 11-16 co-educational Academy, recognised as Good by Ofsted in 2014 and now on a journey to Outstanding. Located on 17 acres in historic Colchester, the school has a fine blend of traditional and modern facilities and opened a £2.5m new Science block in 2015, and a £2.5m all weather pitch facility in February 2016.
On 1 September 2016, the school joined The Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools with The Stanway School, The Thomas Lord Audley School, Clacton County High School, Monkwick Junior School and Monkwick Infants School and Nursery. Working in collaboration with all the schools within The Sigma Trust, St Helena has developed and enhanced its development of outstanding professional practice.