Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant - Level 2
FIXED TERM TO 31 AUGUST 2024
35 hours per week - 43.7 weeks (term time + 1 week Inset days + annual leave)
07:45am -3:15pm daily (with half hour unpaid break)
£17,329 per annum (£11.33 per hour)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced LSA to join our established Learning Support department to support a student who has a severe vision impairment. The LSA will be required to:
- Produce Braille resources
- Transcribe print to Braille and Braille to print
- Liaise with subject teachers to adapt their planning for lessons and resources
- Support the pupil's vision, learning and wellbeing in lessons and school trips
- Pre-teach and post-teach concepts as required
- To teach aspects of Braille under the supervision of the Qualified Teacher of the Visually Impaired (QTVI) as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful experience working with children in a school environment, specifically those with a severe vision impairment
- Educated to Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent qualification /experience
- RNIB braille certificate and/or excellent working knowledge of the UEB Braille code (desirable)
- Excellent working knowledge of braille and methods to produce other tactile materials (diagrams and graphs) is essential
- Good ICT skills and an ability to learn new technology
- Ability to establish rapport and to maintain respectful and trusting relationships
- The ability to overcome barriers to learning with children by implementing school policies, procedures and identified support mechanisms
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A passion to improve learning and work collaboratively with teaching staff to aid the progress of all students and develop their confidence
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of Health and Safety, safeguarding and child protection
- A commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A tailored induction programme
- A mentor / 'buddy' scheme
- An extensive support programme, including a system of twilights
- Commitment to continuing professional development
Closing Date: Midday on Monday 12 April 2021
Interviews: Friday 16 April 2021
To find out more about our school please visit our website. To apply, please complete the Quick Apply Form on the school website www.kes.essex.sch.uk and upload a CV and covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.
Information about the School
The King Edmund School is a high performing school with specialist status for Business, Enterprise and Applied Learning. The school has 1600 students, including over 200 in the Sixth Form.
The school prides itself on its excellent facilities, state of the art technology and innovative and progressive curriculum at all levels and across all key stages.
Students are well cared for and given every opportunity to shine. Extra curricular opportunities are varied and numerous.
The King Edmund School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment Procedures.