Download printable version
Start Date: September 2021
This role is an opportunity for an aspiring senior leader, whose primary purpose will be to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons across the key stages, in addition to modelling and leading the improvement of teaching skills to raise student achievement and to narrow any gaps between student groups. As an outstanding teacher, you will be expected to improve the quality of teaching within MFL.
This role will be based within the MFL Department and see you working closely with the Head of MFL to raise standards, but will also involve you working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to develop high quality whole school Teaching and Learning strategies and a curriculum that meets the needs of all students. The use of technology in MFL is a particular strength and one that would need to be developed still further.
This is an ideal step to Assistant Headteacher position and will include opportunities for coaching, mentoring, the induction of new teachers, primary liaison developing and implementing intervention strategies for targeted groups, demonstration of your teaching skills and observation of colleagues as a means to evaluate the impact of your work.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in a new purpose built, award winning school which is an innovative and forward thinking school, with state of the art facilities and ICT technology;
- A MacBook Pro, Apple TV and interactive whiteboards in every classroom;
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4;
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step to senior leadership;
- A friendly and supportive environment;
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents.
Are you someone who:
- Is a consistently good/outstanding teacher of MFL, specifically French and Spanish?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students to raise attainment across all ability ranges?
- Is able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning and achieve excellent results?
- Has excellent subject knowledge?
- Has excellent communication skills?
- Has the desire to lead the training of staff to improve the quality of teaching and student outcomes?
Cornelius Vermuyden School promotes the values of Trauma Perceptive Practice (TPP) in all that we do:-
- Compassion and Kindness
- Connection and Belonging
Furthermore, we expect all of our staff to model and uphold these values to our school community.
Please apply using the accompanying application form. Alternatively, you can visit the school's website, www.corneliusvermuyden.com, and use the application form under Key Materials in the vacancy section under Staff Information. Please send your completed application to MrsABeckman, Headteacher's PA, either by email to email@example.com, or by post to the school's address.
CVs alone will not be accepted. CVs sent via a recruitment agency will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that only those applicants who are asked to attend for interview will be contacted.
Information about the School
Cornelius Vermuyden is a vibrant and distinctive learning community in which all students receive the support, challenge and encouragement that they need to become successful, confident and mature young people who are well-prepared for life beyond school. Located on a beautiful site on Canvey Island and easily accessible to all parts of Essex, Southend and London, the school provides a secure and happy environment for positive and exciting learning experiences.