Download printable version
Woodville Primary School Vision - " where there is learning in the air "
Due to the retirement of our Deputy Head teacher, our Governors are looking to appoint an inspiring, empathetic, dedicated and reflective non- teaching deputy who is able to create a warm and supportive climate in which everyone flourishes. It is also important that you are adaptable and forward thinking in times of change. As a leader within our school, you must be ambitious for yourself and the school, demonstrating commitment, enthusiasm and self -motivation.
We are seeking a calm, approachable, practitioner who has the ability to work well with others and be a positive role model. You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour who can demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. You will have an unrelenting drive to raise standards and track school improvement through effective assessment systems
The successful candidate will work with the leadership team and team of staff, in order to continue to drive standards and support the Headteacher in teaching and learning across the school. You will work with the leadership team on assessment and progress, Inclusion, wellbeing, attendance, organising staffing and undertaking the role of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing the strategic vision of the school and the growth of the Fennwood Academy Trust.
Woodville Primary School was judged Outstanding (February 2020) and our website will give you more information about our school and a flavour of what we are like.
We can offer you:
· happy, positive children who enjoy coming to school and learning
· a welcoming and nurturing school, firmly rooted in its local community
· well-behaved, happy, confident and hard-working children who are willing to learn
· parents who engage with the school and are interested in their child's welfare and education
· supportive and committed Governors and Directors
· a commitment to wellbeing and work life balance
· opportunities to work with other schools
· a 'listening', inclusive school
· CPD for all staff and opportunities for leadership development
· an evolving exciting Curriculum centred on the needs of our pupils
Our Governors and staff are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the wellbeing of everyone within the school community. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, enhanced Disclosure and Barring service checks, Safeguarding and medical checks.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement, following current Covid guidelines. Interested candidates are invited to contact Mrs Newell or Mrs Fewtrell via email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please refer to the job description and person specification included in the Information Pack attached to this advert, when completing your application form.