Download printable version
Maths Academic Mentor (Casual)
Required: As soon as possible
£15 per hour
Flexible working hours up to 30 per week, term time only.
We are seeking an outstanding Academic Mentor
This position is based at Castle View School, Canvey Island, Essex, SS8 7FH
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an English and Maths Academic Mentor to join our successful and thriving school.
The successful candidate will be positive and flexible with a genuine belief in the value of education, and a determination to ensure that all students are enabled to achieve to their full potential.
A high qualification in English and Maths at GCSE/CSE level is essential. All other training will be given.
We can offer you:
· A dedicated and experienced hardworking team of staff
· Enthusiastic, friendly and talented students
· The opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust
You will need to:
· Have a minimum of GCSE English and maths to Grade C or equivalent qualification and a sound academic background. A degree would be desirable (but not essential)
· Be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· Be open minded, creative and inspirational in your style
· Commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· Possess a good working knowledge of ICT
· Have successful recent experience working with children of the relevant age range and previous classroom experience (desirable but not essential)
To apply for the role please download the application form from the vacancy page on https://www.zenithmultiacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/, completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com. CV's will not be accepted without a completed application form.
You must complete the application form fully and give details of all employment, training and gaps in employment since leaving secondary school to the present day. Any additional information, which you wish to bring to the notice of the selection panel should be included in your letter of application (supporting statement). Please ensure you say why and how you meet the criteria from the person specification in your letter of application.
Closing date for applications:23 April 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed.
CVs alone or CVs submitted via agencies will not be accepted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Zenith Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Castle View School is a Zenith Multi Academy Trust school as part of Zenith Multi Academy Trust