Download printable version
We seek a committed and enthusiastic person to join our Personalised Learning team in one of three subject areas; Science, Maths or Humanities. The role would be ideal for a graduate looking to gain experience within a school. The position is fixed for one year with the possibility to extend for a second year. Potential candidates are encouraged to get in touch with any questions they might have or to arrange a visit to the school. The ideal candidate will:
- Support students to access the curriculum in line with the code of practice, school policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the teaching and learning programme in accordance with the ethos, aims and objectives of The Billericay School.
- Support the school to raise pupil aspirations, challenge student learning and engage pupils in their own learning.
The teacher and the progress mentor work as a team - being 'partners' in supporting the pupils' access to learning across the curriculum and their independence as learners.
Information about the School
CARING ABOUT SUCCESS
Our School offers:
• Proven standards of academic excellence
• Specialist College status in Mathematics and Computing
• Outstanding educational resources
• A commitment to student care and discipline
• A vibrant and successful Sixth Form
• Enrichment through an extensive and diverse extra-curricular programme
We expect from all our students:
• A commitment to hard work and success
• Self-reliance and a sense of responsibility
• Respect and tolerance for others
The most important resource in any school is its staff. The success of The Billericay School is largely due to our committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff. Our concentration on teaching and learning produces excellent exam results and an orderly atmosphere. The school is committed to high standards in the professional development of its staff and we aim to develop all our employees professionally to improve educational standards, maintain high morale and assist in recruitment and retention.
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Thank you for your interest in our school and we look forward to hearing from you. More information can be found on our school website: www.billericayschool.com