Download printable version
SEN Learning Support Assistant
Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 3.10pm, with 30 minutes lunchtime duty.
Fixed term contract to support a child with an EHCP.
Scale 3, Points 4 to 5. Actual salary £12,038 to £12,279.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Learning Support Assistant who has experience, or an interest, in supporting children with complex behaviour.
You will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey. You will need to have an understanding of the subjects that you support the children in, be able to demonstrate a fair attitude and apply rules consistently. You will be resilient and have excellent de-escalation skills.
The ideal candidate will be able to nurture supportive relationships and be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching.
Key skills required:
• Qualified to Level 2 as a Teaching Assistant (or equivalent) or have relevant experience/interest in working with children within an SEN setting.
• Maths and English GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
• Be calm and confident in dealing with challenging behaviour
• Effective communication skills
• Be able to confidently work as part of the team and independently
Specific training opportunities in school will be offered.
Interested applicants are actively encouraged to contact the school.
Information about the School
Little Waltham Church of England VA Primary School is situated in the pretty village of Little Waltham catering for pupils from 5 - 11. We pride ourselves in creating a caring environment based on Christian values which allows children to reach their full academic, social, moral and physical potential. By providing a holistic approach to learning and development we support each child's individual needs.