Download printable version
Pay Range: Grade B (£12,032 - £13,860 pro rata)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: 32.5 hours' term time (37 weeks)
Contract Term: Fixed Term - linked to named pupil
Application Close: 9th April 2021
Stifford Clays Primary School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences working on a one to one basis with a named pupil.
You will be:
· experienced in working with children with special educational needs, including children with speech and language difficulties.
· warm, positive and sensitive to families from diverse backgrounds.
· have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
· have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
· have good organisation and communication skills
· will be committed to pastoral care, collaborative team-work and flexible working.
· committed to providing a 'child-centred nurturing' ethos.
Why Stifford Clays Primary School?
We are a community-focused school for 2 to 11 year olds, located centrally in the Stifford Clays ward of Thurrock. We serve a diverse community and welcome all children who live in the local area. The original infant and junior schools were built in 1954 and were one form of entry. The school has grown hugely to accommodate 90 children in each year group.
Stifford Clays Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school. We are an Ofsted 'good' school (2016 full inspection; 2019 Section 8 inspection) where "Staff and pupils work as a team with a 'can-do' attitude." and "In lessons, most pupils try hard and enjoy learning. They are keen to do well." (Ofsted 2019).
We are a Multi-Academy Trust who wishes to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. We will offer the successful candidate:
· The support of an experienced CEO and Primary Executive Head Teacher
· A highly professional, dedicated staff and supportive Trust Board
· Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
· Comprehensive training and development opportunities supported by Thurrock Teaching School Alliance
· A health and well-being package
· A competitive salary
· A two week October half term
· The opportunity of becoming part of a growing organisation
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.