Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
St Mary's Catholic Primary, Tilbury, Essex.
18 hours per week (Tuesday,Thursday and Friday)
08:30am until 3.30pm -term time only plus 5 INSET Training days, as required at the discretion of the Headteacher.
Salary - Band 3 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scale) - Salary Range - Point 9-16 - Actual Working Salary Range: £8,973.09 - £10,239.57 which includes fringe allowance)
Start date: as soon as possible
The role includes MDA supervision daily and the post is for the Nursery at this point.
The successful applicant will:
• Be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative and resilience
• Be an effective communicator with pupils and staff
• Is self-motivated with high expectations of self and others
• Hold at least an A - C pass in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
• Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
The successful applicant would be expected to:
• Work under direct supervision of the class teachers and/or the Higher Level Teaching Assistants and be expected to use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks
• Use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment.
• Work in partnership with other Teaching Assistants
Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupil's progress
• Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils
• Create simple resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate
• Attend INSET days and training as identified by the Head teacher
• Be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
Information about the Academy:
St Mary's is a 'Good' school (OFSTED, Jan 2017) situated in Tilbury very close to Tilbury Town C2C station with quick rail links into London. We have our own parking facilities with direct road links to the M25, A13 and A127.
We are committed to ensuring that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
· Commitment to ensure that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
· The desire to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take solution -focused approach.
· A comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels
St Mary's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date: Monday, 12th April2021
Interview dates: To be confirmed but will be virtually via Zoom
Start date: As soon as possible thereafter
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and additional forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk.
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted