Download printable version
HEAD OF FACULTY - SCIENCE
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2B
Salary from £25,714 - £41,604 (Point M1 - U3)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Head of Faculty (Science) to lead, manage and develop the Faculty.
The Head of Faculty will play a major role in ensuring that staff and students succeed and reach their potential within the Science Faculty.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
- To be accountable for student progress and development within the subjects of the faculty.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the faculty, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Body and the Senior Leadership Team.
- To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the learning area to support the designated curriculum portfolio.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree.
- Substantial, recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and develop teaching and learning throughout the Faculty.
- Effective and sensitive communication skills to a range of audiences.
- The ability to successfully present, inform, interact, consult and negotiate.
- The ability to lead, develop, share and realise strategic plans for the faculty.
- High expectations of students and colleagues.
- Experience of, and commitment to, the education of the whole person promoting social and emotional well-being in addition to academic development.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org reference 532.Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 11th April 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.