Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 4 £19,171 per annum (Point 6-7)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours:37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Hours may be variable to suit needs of the job. Standard working pattern is 14.00-22.30, Mon-Thurs, 14.30-22.30 Friday.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to carry out a range of facilities duties including security and supervision of the site, cleaning and maintenance and porterage. To support evening lettings, monitor the cleaning function and provide first line support and be responsible for the securing, locking and setting of the security alarm each evening.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To support the Site Manager and cleaning supervisor in ensuring there is capacity to clean the full site and be flexible in covering / supporting areas during periods of short staffing.
· Unlock and lock windows, gates and doors around the site at the required times.
· Ensure duties are carried out in accordance with school based policies and health and safety procedures - including understanding lone working restrictions.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Experience of caretaking and/or buildings maintenance and security
· Good knowledge of security, heating plant and other building systems
· Is adaptable, receptive to new ideas and willing to adjust to new demands and circumstances
· Aware of information sources and how to get information needed
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 11th April 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.