Download printable version
We are looking to appoint a friendly, energetic and experienced Learning Support Assistant with Midday Assistant duties. We are looking to recruit someone with an excellent understanding of ASD / SEMH / SpLD to join our highly professional team.
You will be:
· Conscientious, patient and enthusiastic at all times and have an ability to build rapport with children, creating a safe teaching environment.
· Positive and motivational with strong communication skills.
· Happy working on a one to one basis with the children.
You will be expected to:
· Take some responsibility for the progress of your pupil.
· Help to organise the classroom to create a positive learning environment.
· Work with others to plan and coordinate work.
· Take part in school events and activities.
· Work alongside outside agencies.
· Remain calm and professional when working with children with challenging behaviours.
The LSA element of this role will be paid on a scale 3 point 4.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 27 hours 55 minutes per week, 8.40am to 3.15pm, 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Actual salary: £11,862
The Midday Assistant element of this role will be paid on a scale 2 point 2.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 2.5 hours per week, half hour per day, 38 weeks per year (term time only)
Actual salary: £1,021
In the current climate we can still offer visits around the school building however these will be facilitated after 3.30pm.
Please contact the school office (01268 735329) if you require further information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical checks, and satisfactory references. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Please ensure that you refer to the full job description and person specification when completing the application form and demonstrate how your experience, skills and competencies make you suitable for this position. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Please note that we are unable to accept unsolicited contact by recruitment agencies.