Download printable version
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Level 3 Early Years Practitioner to join our outstanding Maldon Court Nursery and Pre Reception team.
Maldon Court delivers an exceptional standard of care throughout our Early Years settings and our main school. Maldon Court's nursery is rated Outstanding by Ofsted and our Preparatory School is rated as Excellent by ISI. Children in our care receive outstanding levels of individual care in a nurturing setting, where children flourish and make excellent progress in a small and friendly setting.
Our staff are committed to ensuring every child in our care receives the highest standard in early education. The successful candidate for this position will be absolutely committed to the highest levels of care whilst being creative, dynamic and flexible. This position will be based between our Nursery and Pre Reception departments. The start times for each day vary between 0730 and 0900 with a 9 hour day following the start time. There is a requirement to work in our Breakfast and After School provisions within these hours. Our staff must be willing to move between provisions.
This is an ideal opportunity to further your career in childcare whilst working within an outstanding school environment.
We are seeking an experienced, professional, motivated level 3, or equivalent, qualified practitioner to come and care for, interact with our children and work alongside our dedicated staff team. Our staff liaise closely with parent to maintain our strong parent partnerships to support children's well-being and development.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS, ensuring the individual needs and interests of the children are met.
- To take responsibility in providing a happy, stimulating, safe and secure environment where all children are encouraged to meet their potential and where their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met.
- To communicate effectively and professionally with all members of staff, parents, carers and other professionals in connection with the nursery.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a Key Person.
- Contributing and participating in the development of new ideas.
- Minimum level 3 NVQ or equivilant / CACHE childcare qualification is essential, a current paediatric first aid certificate is desirable.
- Appropriate safeguarding knowledge and training.
- It is essential that you have a secure knowledge and experience of using the EYFS to underpin what the children in your care are learning, how their development is progressing and to plan what would benefit them as next steps.
- Have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Experienced and committed practitioner, passionate about helping children learn and develop in a secure and stimulating environment.
- Applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
- Competitive salary between £15309 and £17256 based upon a 35 week working year with 5 inset training days
- Supervisory rate for Breakfast and After School Care hours
- Maldon Court Nursery is a term time only provision and the successful candidate will not be required to work during the school holidays
- Contributory pension
- A supportive and dedicated team of colleagues
- Supportive and enthusiastic parents
"We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS with barred list disclosure and EEA, suitable references and pre-employment medical checks."
Information about the School
Maldon Court Preparatory School is a small, happy and caring school community where young children can flourish in a positive and supportive environment. Originally established in 1956, the school has maintained its vision of being run as a family-owned, friendly school with high expectations and standards.
Children at our school are encouraged to develop in all aspects of the broad and balanced curriculum. Each pupil is valued as an individual and allowed to develop at their own pace. Strengths and weaknesses are identified at an early age and our dedicated staff ensure that every child is challenged and supported to achieve their full potential through exploring the huge range of possibilities open to them.
Whilst Maldon Court prides itself on strong academic performance we seek to recognise and nurture the talents of each and every child, making them feel valued and confident to achieve their potential. Our staff are committed to this vision and are recruited for their ability to nurture each child as an individual. Our class sizes are small, our standards are high and we provide a unique, happy and supportive learning environment where the contribution of every member of our school community is valued.