Download printable version
After School Club Lead Practitioner & Nursery Assistant
We are seeking an individual to work in our nursery in the afternoons and then lead our after-school care provision, which is open until 6.30pm. The roles will carry different levels of responsibilities and will therefore be paid at the appropriate level, to reflect this (please see below). We also welcome applications from candidates who only wish to be considered for the after-school practitioner role. Please clearly state on your application which position you are applying for.
The successful candidate should be confident in working with children, planning and leading activities and enjoy leading a team (after-school club practitioner role only).
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- NVQ level 2/3 childcare qualification (desirable);
- paediatric First Aid qualification (desirable);
- previous experience working with children (desirable);
- enthusiastic and organised with excellent communication skills and a good sense of initiative (essential);
- fun-loving, caring, responsible, compassionate, committed, creative, responsible (essential); and
- flexible team player willing to take on various tasks as required (essential).
After School Club Lead Practitioner- Essex Pay Scale 4 NPS 6
Hours - 2:45pm-6:45pm (stand-alone role - 20 hours a week, term-time only)
or 3:10pm-6:45pm (17 hours 55 minutes a week (if also working 15 hours a week in the nursery), term-time only)
We are looking for a hardworking, reliable and enthusiastic individual with a passion for working with children to head up our After School 'Tea Time' Club Provision.
We are offering the chance to lead and develop a team of dedicated and professional colleagues, working with delightful children in our school community. The After School Club Lead Practitioner will be responsible for supervising the children, ensuring their safety at all times, engaging with them in aspects of play and conversation, setting up activities for children to optionally take part in, meeting and greeting parents and providing them with feedback on their child's time at the club. The post holder will ensure that all staff in the team strictly adhere to the safeguarding requirements of the School.
Nursery Assistant - Essex Pay Scale 2 NPS 3
Hours - 11:50am-2:50pm (15 hours a week, term-time only)
Acting as a keyworker for children aged 2-3 years as part of the nursery team, providing safe, high quality education and care for young children.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum.
- To help to set up the classroom for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a keyworker to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To advise the nursery leader of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as requires.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the nursery lead, in accordance with the nursery's business plan/objectives.
Salary for Nursery Assistant + After-School Practitioner roles - £15,583 (including fringe) which equates to 12 equal monthly payments of approx. £1,299 per month before deductions
Salary for stand-alone After-School Practitioner role - Salary £9,123 (including fringe) which equates to 12 equal monthly payments of approx. £760 before deductions
If you feel you would be an asset to our 'Outstanding' school, we would welcome an application from you.