Download printable version
Job Title: Midday Assistant
Academy: Westwood Academy
Hours: 7 hours and 30 minutes per week
Grade: Scale 2 Point 3
(£18,562.00 per annum pro rata)
Salary: £3,124.65 per annum (actual salary)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview Date: Friday 16th April 2021
Westwood Academy are looking to appoint a passionate Midday Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team to assist with the supervision of children at lunchtime breaks.
We are looking for a caring and committed individual who has the ability to work as part of the school team and dedicated to ensuring that lunchtime is a pleasurable and safe experience for our children. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 13.00 p.m.
The successful candidate must:
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Have good organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Be caring, patient and empathetic.
· Have the ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills with GCSE Literacy and Numeracy grades A-C.
· Be self-motivated, flexible and a good team player.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/ located in the Vacancies tab.
Westwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools