Download printable version
Are you an outstanding Early Years Practitioner? Do you want to take the next step in your career and move into a leadership position? Have you got drive and vision to develop an outstanding Early Years provision?
Buttsbury Infant School is a four-form entry Infant school nestled in Billericay. We are a friendly, supportive school that offers wonderful children who want to learn. If you are looking for a challenge and are aiming for leadership, and have a passion and commitment for ensuring children learn and do the best they can, this is the school for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring person to join our school at what is a very exciting time. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working teacher to join our happy and dedicated team, as well as being part of the senior leadership team. We want someone to lead a rich and engaging EYFS curriculum where the children are active learners and are nurtured to develop a curiosity about the world around them.
This post is suitable for experienced teachers and experienced or emerging leaders.
As an excellent practitioner you must:
· Be an excellent teacher with in-depth subject knowledge
· Have excellent knowledge of the Early Years curriculum, including the new Early Years Development Matters and the Key Stage 1 National Curriculum
· Understand the importance of transition to Reception from Nursery and Reception to Year 1
· Have high expectations of both yourself and your pupils
· Be passionate about meeting the needs of all children
· Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Value working in teams and partnerships
· Be reflective, resilient and ambitious, keen to develop your professional expertise
· Engage with all aspects of school life, families and the wider community
· Be committed to ongoing professional development.
· Have a clear understanding of the importance of mental health and wellbeing in children
· Children who are articulate, great fun, willing and eager to learn
· A creative, positive and friendly staff team
· A supportive environment where there are many opportunities for professional development
· A chance to collaborate with colleagues, with year group partners, as well as local networks, such as the Billericay Community Trust (BCT)
· An excellent infant school, set in beautiful school grounds
· An opportunity to share a real, relevant and engaging curriculum
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to join our team and hope you will want to further explore this with us. Please contact Mrs Marven, Office Coordinator to organise a further conversation with the Headteacher, Ms Miriam Gould.
Under the current government restrictions, visits to the site may not be currently possible.
Information about the School
Buttsbury Infant School is an Outstanding school (OFSTED 2011) that is constantly striving to be even better. We are a four form entry school with an excellent reputation in the local community and as a result we are continually oversubscribed.
The school is an active member of the Billericay Community Trust and the Billericay Community Trust Teaching Schools Alliance. These partnerships provide excellent opportunities for whole school and individual staff development.