Download printable version
Job Title: Data Protection Officer - Westwood Academy
Grade: Scale 6 Point 12-17
Salary: £7,468.38-£8,245.42 per annum (actual salary, dependant on experience)
Hours: 15 hours per week - term time only - 38 weeks per year
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 22nd April 2021
We have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and knowledgeable Data Protection Officer to join a busy Academy Trust on a permanent basis.
We are looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer who has up to date knowledge of the General Data Protection Register (GDPR) and managing data protection compliance.
This role will be predominately based at Westwood Academy however you may be required to travel to the other Academies across the Trust.
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Experience of GDPR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of data protection law (the GDPR, Data Protection Act 1998 and Data Protection Act 2018).
- Ability to explain complex data protection and information security informationto a non-specialist audience.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and provide timely and accurate information and reports.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Ability to use word processor and databases
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to maintain relationships across the Trust and/or other organisations.
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role.
- Experience is essential.
What we can offer you:
- A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
- The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
- A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a Central Team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Please contact Trust HR by email email@example.com to request the Job Description and Person Specification.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/ located in the Vacancies tab.
South Essex Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references.
Information about the School
Westwood Academy is Part of The South Essex Academy Trust. We are:
- a Multi Academy Trust established by Westwood Academy, Hadleigh Essex.
- a developing family of schools in the areas around Hadleigh, Basildon, Chelmsford and Southend.
- focused on partnership, enabling and collaboration
- committed to developing all staff, volunteers and directors across the schools
- most of all about the potential to enable the children in all of the schools