Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Teacher of Design & Technology
Pay Range: Teachers Main Pay Scale M1 - M6
£25,714 - £36,961 (Point M1 - M6)
Start Date: September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding and inspirational teacher of Design & Technology. Do you believe that there are no limits to student achievement? If so, why not consider joining our school and make a real difference to our students.
This is a fulltime post, but we will consider a job share (two part-time posts).
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· Be fully qualified to teach at least two D&T disciplines (Product Design,Engineering, Graphic Design and Food) through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 & 4.
· Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress
· Demonstrate a capacity to design materials that are scaffolded and will engage students in the learning process
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Teaching at least two Design and Technology disciplines at both Key Stages 3 and 4. Engineering, Product Design, Graphic Design and Food.
· Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and their application.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 12pm, Friday 26th February 2021.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.