Download printable version
Job Title: Apprentice Site Caretaker - Kents Hill Infant Academy
Contract: Apprenticeship term - 2 years
Salary: Apprenticeship rate - £4.15 per hour or National Minimum wage (dependent on age)
Start Date: In line with apprentice course provisionally starting June/July 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 30th May 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Kents Hill Infant Academy are looking to appoint a hardworking and highly motivated Apprentice Site Caretaker to join their friendly school team.
South Essex Academy Trust are looking for an Apprentice Site Caretaker to work within our Academies. Although you will be predominately based at Kents Hill Infants Academy, the trust is a multi-academy trust, therefore you could be required to work at other Academies within the trust.
In the role you will learn how to maintain the smooth running of the School by organising and managing the caretaking and will learn effective supervision of cleaning contractors, caretaking maintenance, Health & Safety, lettings and security of the sites and related resources.
The successful candidate will learn how to deal with contractors and suppliers involved in the repair and upkeep of the buildings and sites.
The Apprentice Site Caretaker is required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, flexible hours between 7.30am and 6.00pm.
We are looking for an Apprentice Site Caretaker who will:
· Ensure the security of the school buildings and sites, liaise with staff and contractors as appropriate.
· Take appropriate action and evaluate risk to ensure from a premises prospective that outstanding safeguarding procedures are in place at all times.
· Be competent at DIY tasks, undertake minor repairs, maintenance and decorating.
· Manage and oversee the cleaning team and other contractors as appropriate.
· Undertake checks, risk assessments and maintain records to meet statutory health and safety requirements e.g. COSHH, legionella, fire alarms etc.
· Deal with enquiries for lettings; workers, suppliers and contractors and where appropriate in liaison with the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher/Office Team Lead/Trust Estates Officer.
· Be a keen team player, flexible and resilient with good communication skills.
· Be able to work both on your own initiative as well as under the guidance/instruction of others.
· Take pride in ensuring the schools are clean, tidy and safe environments.
What we can offer you:
· A growing Multi Academy Trust of Primary schools who work closely together for the benefit of everyone.
· The 'Leadership Academy' which delivers high quality professional development to all staff.
· A dynamic and collaborative team of Teachers, Leaders and a central team who are dedicated and committed to the success of all pupils and staff alike.
· Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Please complete the application form on the South Essex Academy Trust website, https://www.seacademytrust.co.uk/vacancies/ located in the Vacancies tab.
Kents Hill Infant Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Our school is a happy, friendly and very successful and as of January 1st 2019 we are delighted to be one of a family of schools as part of the South Essex Academy Trust. We aim to provide an exciting, stimulating, safe and secure environment where outstanding learning takes place. We are very much a family school. The ethos of the school is reflected in excellent relationships and in its purposeful and caring atmosphere. Parents, carers, staff and directors all contribute to our success. Our children make excellent progress and the school enjoys very high standards. We firmly believe that “every child matters” and we provide the highest quality learning opportunities for all our children. This includes a broad range of extra curricular activities.