Download printable version
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust wishes to appoint a
1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant
based at;Little Thurrock Primary School, Rectory Road, Grays , Essex, RM17 5SW
Required - 1st March 2021
Band A Point 1 - 6 - £13,722.30 - £15,148.49 depending on experience
32.5hours per week
8.30am - 3.30pm - Term Time only
(30 mins lunch duty and 30 mins unpaid lunch break)
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust wishes to appoint a 1:1 SEN Learning Support Assistant who has experience, or an interest, in supporting children with complex behavior and or special educational needs. You will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey. You will need to have an understanding of the subjects that you support the children in, be able to demonstrate a fair attitude and apply rules consistently. You will be resilient and have excellent de-escalation skills. The ideal candidate will be able to nurture supportive relationships and be able to demonstrate a practical, hands on approach to supporting teaching. In addition to this, you will be required to assist the children during the lunch time.
The candidates will preferably have relevant NVQ qualifications or equivalent. They must have a good standard of English and Mathematics and basic computer skills.
- Experience or interest in supporting pupils with a range of needs e.g. Asperger's, Autism, ADHD, speech and / or language difficulties, cerebral palsy,
- Knowledge of successful strategies to engage pupils with specific and significant needs
- Experience of the EYFS and / or KS1 curriculum
- Flexible and adaptable with timetabling and the daily routines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with parents and relevant staff
- Personal Care
- Strong behaviour management skills
For further information and an application form contact Abbie Stonehouse, Trust HR/Recruitment Officer email@example.com, 01375 648901.
Closing date: Thursday 28th January 2021, Midday Interviews: Monday 1st February 2021
The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.