Download printable version
Pay range: LGPS Scale 4/5 Point 7 to 11, (depending on experience)
32.5 Hr/Wk, 52.14 Wk/Yr (annual leave to be taken during school closures)
May occasionally include some evening and weekend work.
Contract type: Permanent
Applications close: Once the suitable candidate is appointed.
Are you an enthusiastic, fantastic site manager looking for your next challenge?
Maldon Primary School, part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England, with 4 primary schools in Essex and overall 45 Primary, Secondary and Special Academies in the TKAT Family (www.tkat.org). Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic, caring and an experienced site manager. This is a highly valued and responsible position under the professional direction of the Headteacher.
We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit an experienced, highly motivated site manager to join the Maldon team to ensure we can provide this environment.
There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to take on another school and to line manage apprentices in the future.
We are looking for
● An exemplary site practitioner,
● Inspired with passion and ambition, an energetic, creative and committed professional,
● An optimist with a can-do approach,
● Locking and unlocking of premises and key holder responsibilities. Some evening and weekend work,
● General first line repairs and maintenance and caretaking skills. A good range of DIY skills for example decorating and plumbing,
● Ability to manage contractors,
● Routine Health and Safety checks as required by legislation. For example COSHH, fire, asbestos, legionella and asset register.
● Responsible for the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security systems,
● A flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently,
● Good record keeping skills, a good standard of written English,
● Some Cleaning duties. The successful candidate will be required to undertake other manual duties,
● A role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
● Committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you
● A comprehensive induction programme,
● A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
● Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
● The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
● Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver site services and delivery,
● School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
● Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
We strongly encourage a virtual visit, visit or phone call to our school is made prior to application if possible. Contact details 01621 853409 Mrs Eileen Thorn Headteacher. This visit may be virtual depending on COVID guidelines at the time.
Maldon Primary is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Maldon Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016.
● Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
● Please take care to complete the application in full, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have not had any communication within ten days of the closing date, you can take this as confirmation that you were not shortlisted, we thank you for your application.