Download printable version
Full time Speech and Language Therapist at Grove House Speech and Language School
(Part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust)
NHS Band 5 or 6 (corresponds to School Local Government Pay Band 7 - 9)
Salary range: £22,282 - £32,190 for 37 hours, dependent on experience
Up to 37 hours per week, 5 days per week (part time by negotiation)
39 weeks per year including 5 Inset Days
Since the school's inception in 2015, Grove House has established a reputation of excellence in providing speech, language and communication expertise within a special needs educational setting.
Serving children from the ages of 8 through to 19, our aim is to continue to flourish and become a leader in progressive practice.
Our continued growth has resulted in the need to strengthen our SaLT team; a highly motivated and energetic Speech and Language Therapist is required to enhance our service delivery and bring enthusiasm to our working methods.
Grove House offers an exciting opportunity, which is both professionally challenging and rewarding.
We are looking for
- A qualified Speech & Language Therapist with HCPC/RCSLT registration.
- A committed and determined Therapist who shows initiative and confidence in their work.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a school environment (special school experience desirable but not essential).
- Be able to carry out and analyse assessments, therapy planning and offer recommendations for EHCP and annual reviews.
- Active approach to carrying out whole class and group intervention.
- Dynamic involvement in supporting teaching staff and pupils within the classroom environment.
- Excellent time management.
- Integration into our passionate SaLT team; but also be able to work independently when needed.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Opportunities to develop clinical skills when working with a wide range of needs/diagnoses including ASD/DLD/Speech Sound Disorders.
- An engaging and innovative learning setting.
- Highly supportive, collaborative and friendly team of staff
- Pride in offering continued professional development (academy and trust wide) to all staff, including training and resources.
- Consistent professional and peer supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary working - collaboration with a wide range of professionals including Teachers, Occupational Therapist, Music Therapist, Educational Psychologist.
- A pupil centred focus, through collective hard work from parents, governors and staff alike.
- Opportunities to supervise SaLT students in order to develop and strengthen clinical skills.
- Recently refurbished premises.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity
email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the School on 01277 361498.
Information about the School
Grove House School is a specialist special school which opened in September 2015 for pupils aged 8 to 19. At capacity it will admit 105 pupils with a Statement of Special Educational Needs (or an Education, Health and Care Plan) whose primary issue is a speech, language and communication need (SLCN).