Download printable version
Head of Year
Main/Upper Pay Range
Required: Easter 2021
Full time hours
Not suitable for NQTs
We are seeking an outstanding Head of Year with the ability to teach core and/or Ebacc subjects.
You will need to have a strong track record as an excellent teacher and be committed to working with the key stage and subject leaders to promote learning and maximise achievement for each student in the year group.
Experience in using all available data to identify and track student progress in the year group, both at a subgroup as well as an individual level and use this to drive interventions and improve outcomes is essential.
You will need to be an effective leader with a clear and defined agenda, including implementation of school initiatives. Have knowledge, understanding and leadership accountability within the school organisation. The ability to work across all key stages (KS3 - KS5), alongside a proven track record of promoting high student achievement.
You will need to be rigorous, determined, creative and inspirational in your style of teaching and committed to working collaboratively and productively with colleagues, parents, governors and students.
We can offer you:
· A dedicated and experienced hardworking team of staff
· Enthusiastic, friendly and talented students
· The opportunity to develop within a highly effective multi academy trust
You will need to:
· Have a minimum of GCSE English and maths to Grade C or equivalent qualification and a sound academic background. A degree would be desirable (but not essential)
· Have QTS with experience of teaching in core/Ebacc subjects
· Be a good and effective communicator at all levels
· Be open minded, creative and inspirational in your style
· Commit to working collaboratively with colleagues and students
· Possess a good working knowledge of ICT
· Have successful recent experience working with children of the relevant age range and previous classroom experience (desirable but not essential)