Download printable version
Location: Doucecroft School, Eight Ash Green, Colchester
Salary: £8.72 per hour
term time only Hours and days to be given at late notice, as and when required
Closing date: 31 March 2021
Autism Anglia's Doucecroft School provides education and care for children and young people with autistic spectrum condition. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity who provide to their staff ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
You will provide direct support to our students in their learning environment in both a group and individual setting. Taking an active role in a wide range of classroom and physical activities throughout the academic year; assisting and working closely with the Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant to contribute to lessons. Based at Doucecroft School, a converted estate in a beautiful setting near Colchester your main duties will include:
- Supporting the students alongside colleagues in the classroom, during break periods and at lunch times
- Under the direction of the Class Teacher, help prepare for lessons, contribute towards and carry out schemes of work and Individual Student Plans (ISP) and Care Plans
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of each student's stage of development regarding assessment, communication, ISPs and management programmes
- Supporting the Class Teacher in planning and preparing for educational visits and school journeys and accompany students on such visits
- NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning - desirable
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above - essential
- Relevant experience working with students with autism or learning disabilities in an educational setting - essential
- Experience working with students across the ability range and autistic spectrum - desirable
- To be able to drive and hold a full driving licence - desirable
- Pension scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
- Employee Referral scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as requiring a signed declaration, `Childcare Disqualification Declaration Form`
In the first instance please send your CV and Appliction Form firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like further information please call Head Office on 01206 577678.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions
Information about the School
Doucecroft School is a specialist co-educational school for children and young people with autism and additional complex needs, age 3 –19 years. Established in 1977, we are experienced and successful in meeting the needs of students with wide-ranging strengths and needs, providing a nurturing environment where students are able to thrive and grow in independence and self-esteem.
Students can benefit from our flexible boarding provision or can attend school as day students and come from across the Anglia region and the London boroughs.
Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy are provided on-site by our experienced therapy team.
Doucecroft School is part of Autism Anglia, a regional charity working with children, adults and families affected by Autism.