Download printable version
Weekend Site Assistant - Sunday 8am-4pm
Grade B £4,372 - £4,925 p.a
Close Date - 24th January 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable person who has initiative and self-motivation to join our busy Site Services Team. The successful candidate will have proven experience in general premises, grounds keeping and caretaking duties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in any combination of electrical, plumbing, gardening, carpentry and decoration skills would be an advantage.
- Have caretaking experience ideally in a school setting
- Be hard-working, resilient and able to respond positively to competing demands
- Be an adaptable and confident team player
In return we offer:
- The support of the Trust's site team
- Excellent professional development opportunities as part of the Trust's wider site team
- A school that values and celebrates cultural diversity
- A supportive and friendly community
- Local Government Pension Scheme membership
- Generous leave entitlement
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Information about the School
William Edwards is a very popular, oversubscribed 11-16 school, judged 'outstanding' by OfSTED. It is the strategic lead school for the Thurrock Teaching School Alliance and is part of the growing South West Essex Community Education Trust. Pupil outcomes across the school are significantly above the national average.