Download printable version
We are seeking a friendly, empathetic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work one to one with a child with additional needs.
We are looking for someone who is:
- confident, calm and patient
- has experience of, and an understanding of working one to one with children with additional needs
- has experience of, and an understanding of, children with autism and speech and language needs
- experienced in accelerating the learning whilst working in small groups
- experienced in teaching phonics and supporting pupils with speech and language needs
- able to work as part of a team and liaise closely with Class Teachers, Senior Managers and parents.
- respectful and professional when dealing with a child who has intimate care needs.
20 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks).
Virtual appointments with the Head Teacher are welcome - please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Closing date 28 January 2021. Virtual interviews will be held on Wednesday 3 February 2021.
Start date as soon as possible after 22 February, dependent on availability of successful candidate.
Great Sampford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced CRB check and a medical check.
Information about the School
Great Sampford Primary School is a warm and friendly school in a beautiful village. We pride ourselves on excellent teaching and high standards where the children are prepared for life. Our teaching team are dynamic and strategic ensuring that pupils maximise their learning potential. Great Sampford Primary School is a friendly environment where the children are happy and feel safe; their behaviour is impeccable and we are all very proud of our school.