Download printable version
Attain Academy Partnership - Governance Professional Central Services
Attain Academy Partnership is a friendly and collaborative Multi-Academy Trust which is growing and currently comprises seven primary schools situated in the Chelmsford and Braintree areas. All of our meetings at present are held 'virtually' but travel to meetings at our individual schools will be expected when the pandemic allows!
We are seeking to employ a Governance Professional to ensure the smooth and efficient running of meetings of the Trust Board and associated committees including our Local Governing Bodies. The successful applicant will work closely with the Chair of Trustees and the Chief Executive Officer to provide assistance and support.
They will be closely involved in monitoring the compliance with various legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the governance of the Trust and its activities. They will assist the Chair in ensuring that the Trustees' decisions are acted upon, and that all decisions made by the Trustees are in accordance with our Articles of Association and reflect the ethos and objectives of the trust.
Ideally candidates will have:
· Qualified with ICSA Certificate in Academy Governance or similar qualification
· Experience of working with Board and senior committee members
· Experience of having successfully serviced boards and committees including writing agendas and concise and accurate minute taking
· Experience of maintaining systems and records in a governance or committee environment
· An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
· Preparedness to make recommendations to the Board and its committees and a willingness to speak their mind with diplomacy
For further details please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
If you are interested in joining our ambitious and energetic team, we would love to hear from you. Any initial queries should be directed to;
Mrs. Sarah Orley (CFO Attain Academy Partnership)
01245 442031 (Option 3)
Information about the School
Newlands Spring Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We respect and value cultural and religious diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, culture, or disability.
You must be a UK resident, have the right to work in the UK, and be willing to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check.