Download printable version
Teacher of Geography
Pay: Main/Upper Pay Range
Band & Salary To Be Confirmed Dependant on Experience
Hours/Weeks: full-time; part-time will be considered
Start Date: September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a qualified Teacher of Geography to join our school.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● To carry out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of The Stanway School and the Department.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach "outstanding" lessons in English
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available via this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 17th January 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 18TH January 2021
Interviewing will take place TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
About The Stanway School
The Stanway School is a heavily over-subscribed 11-16 comprehensive school with over 1,300 students currently on roll, the vast majority of whom live in Stanway and the surrounding villages to the west of Colchester. The school is a specialist school in Humanities and Maths & Computing. We have undertaken a huge rebuilding programme and the Creative Arts block, the latest phase of our expansion project, opened in September 2018. By 2021, all year groups will be full with 280 students following this expansion of the school buildings. This is an exciting time to join an already successful school that is looking to continually improve practice: staff are enthusiastic and many take part in voluntary research groups into key areas of school life; students are well-behaved and achieve results above expectation; the culture of the school is calm and purposeful.
In March 2012 The Stanway School converted to an academy and in September 2016 joined the newly formed Sigma Trust, a partnership of schools located in North East Essex covering both Colchester and Tendring.
The Stanway School