Download printable version
The post is for 2 mornings per week, term time only but there is potential for this to increase.
Working hours are 8:15am - 12:45pm
We are seeking a friendly, positive, efficient, and well-organised School Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to assist with the admin in our busy school office. The role involves a variety of reception and administration duties. The successful candidate must have a high standard of written and spoken English as well as good numeracy skills and must be confident with a range of IT software.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, working in partnership with the office team, and be able to work calmly and accurately under pressure. You must be flexible and be prepared to work during the current pandemic. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with parents, children and colleagues in a positive and helpful way. Coupled with this you should be organised, methodical and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office. You will need to manage sensitive situations with empathy, tact and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality at all times.
In this role, you would be:
* Acting as a first point of contact, meeting and greeting pupils, parents and other visitors, and dealing with enquiries in person, by phone or email;
* Helping with the organisational and administrative aspects of school life;
* Helping with first aid, medication and medical plans for pupils.
The successful candidate will have:
* A friendly and helpful manner, promoting a positive image of the school at all times;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* The ability to deal with pupils, parents and staff with warmth and professionalism
* Have excellent ICT skills including Word, Excel and Publisher
* Good organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and efficiency
* GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
* Enthusiasm for working in a school environment and getting involved in the wider aspects of school life.
We can offer you:
· A friendly and positive and covid-19 safe working environment;
· Appropriate training, if needed;
· A strong and supportive team of staff and governors;
· Continuing professional development;
· A workplace with a strong Christian ethos;
· Lovely children!
If interested in finding out more, please ring the office on 01277 213 945.
Hutton All Saints' is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS checks.
Please see our school website www.huttonallsaints.co.uk for further details about our school.
Information about the School
HUTTON ALL SAINTS’ C. of E. PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hutton All Saints’ is a Church of England Primary School serving the Parish of Hutton and surrounding district. It was originally founded in 1840 on a site in Hutton Village. The school transferred in the 1950’s to a new building on its present site.
It has strong links with St. Peter’s and All Saints’ churches and through them to their local community. The school governors, staff, children and the church take this link very seriously and are proud of their joint contribution to local education.
In 2011 the school became an Academy.