Download printable version
Leader of Learning
MPR/UPR+ TLR1 + SEN allowance
The Headteacher and Governors are seeking to appoint dynamic, dedicated and inspirational Leaders of Learning to lead transformational change in the lives of our learners.
This role will ensure that every learner has a unique, purposeful and fulfilling journey through Glenwood; this means that when they leave us learners appreciate the world around them and their important place within it in known by themselves and others.
Our incredible learners have a wide range of complex needs including severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, medical needs and autism.
Glenwood is a successful special school for pupils aged 3-19 yrs. We currently provide for over 220 young people. In September 2017 we moved into a superb new building and our next exciting project, developing a 20 bed residential provision, is near completion.
Extensive experience of working with pupils with the most complex special educational needs and disabilities is essential, as is the highest commitment to improving the lives of young people and their parents/carers.
You will be:
- able to imagine life from each individual learners' point of view
- experienced in leadership and management in a special school
- lead by example as an outstanding classroom practitioner
- aspirational and passionate about supporting young people with additional needs and disabilities
- lead others to be successful and effective on behalf of our young people
- good at forming positive relationships and building partnerships
- self-motivated and driven by opportunities to make a positive difference
- a skilled communicator
- positive, resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- join our school at a time of innovation and renewal
- lead a team of teachers and HLTAs across a specific phase within the school
- work closely with Curriculum Leaders to shape and deliver our 'Curriculum Worlds' for learners in your phase
- develop your skills and experience within a thinking, daring and brave school
- spend time with amazing young people and their parents/carers
- join a hardworking, committed and professional team of staff and a supportive governing body
- work in a school with an excellent reputation in the community
- collaborate with a range of partner agencies on an unprecedented level
Please see the attached application pack for full details