Download printable version
D205 - Speech & Language Therapist at Autism School
Location: Doucecroft School, Colchester
Salary: £24,000 - £34,000 dependent on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week, plus training days
Job ref: D205
As part of the Speech and Language Team you will provide speech and language therapy input to the pupils within Autism Anglia's Children's Services based at Doucecroft School, a converted estate in a beautiful setting in Eight Ash Green, Colchester. This post could be suitable for a newly qualified therapist.
Your main duties will include:
- Assessing new pupils' and reviewing existing pupils' communication needs within the school
- Developing communication targets for your allocated pupils (in collaboration with teaching and care staff) and regularly monitoring and reviewing these targets
- Delivering individual and group therapy, where required
- Delivering training to the wider professional team to develop their skills in effective communication with individuals who have autism
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- A recognised qualification in Speech and Language Therapy - essential
- Experience of working with individuals who have an Autism Spectrum Condition - essential
- Competent clinical knowledge of communication problems associated with autism - essential
- Experience of intervention techniques such as PECS, Intensive interaction, signing, visual support systems - essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
In addition to this, there may be opportunities to become involved with our Diagnostic service under the tutelage of experienced clinicians.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The successful applicant will require a full driving licence.
· Pension scheme
· Death in Service Benefit
· Access to Perkbox incentives including exclusive High Street, entertainment, restaurant and supermarket discounts
· Refer a friend scheme
· Comprehensive Autism training package
In the first instance please send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like further information please call Head Office on 01206 577678.
Closing date for applications: 15th January 2021
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
Information about the School
Doucecroft School is a specialist co-educational school for children and young people with autism and additional complex needs, age 3 –19 years. Established in 1977, we are experienced and successful in meeting the needs of students with wide-ranging strengths and needs, providing a nurturing environment where students are able to thrive and grow in independence and self-esteem.
Students can benefit from our flexible boarding provision or can attend school as day students and come from across the Anglia region and the London boroughs.
Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy are provided on-site by our experienced therapy team.
Doucecroft School is part of Autism Anglia, a regional charity working with children, adults and families affected by Autism.