Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
English Interventions Tutor
Pay Range: Teachers Unqualified Range UQ1 £18,169
Start Date: January 2021
We are seeking an English graduate (or ability to teach English up to GCSE) and who is able to deliver 1:1 and/or small group interventions. This would suit someone who is interested in a career in teaching and would like to develop some experience.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To teach students using a range of varied activities which
engage and support the learning of students.
· To monitor and assess the progress of students receiving tuition.
· To prepare individual learning plans.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Friday 11th December 2020
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.