Download printable version
Learning Support Assistant for SEN pupil
24 hours per week, Mon - Fri term time only. This is a fixed term position.
St. Nicholas CofE (VC) Primary School is seeking to appoint a SEN Learning Support Assistant who shares our school's ambition for excellence. This is a short term position, to support a child with the transition to secondary education. The contract is fixed term until the child leaves our school.
We are a small school with big ambitions! The successful candidate will be expected to be just as passionate about quality education as we are and will share our ethos and our commitment to every child's wellbeing and education.
St. Nicholas is federated with Canewdon Endowed CofE (VC) Primary School and this offers exciting opportunities for the successful candidate who will be expected to work within the partnership that is already set up and who must be willing to attend the other site on some occasions.
The successful candidate will be able to work across the primary phase in whole class, group and one to one working situations.
We can offer:
- A commitment to helping you to develop your career and your skills
- Super, well behaved, pupils who want to learn (during our recent Ofsted and SIAMS inspections, the inspectors were very complimentary about our pupils)
- A supportive school community
- A lovely school environment
In return, we are looking for a Learning Support Assistant that is:
- Experienced, creative, motivated and who has high expectations. The successful candidate will be able to inspire pupils
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or above and who has also achieved GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above
- Committed to personal and school improvement
- Willing to work as part of a team but who is also able to work independently
- Willing to involve themselves in all areas of school life.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Applications should be made on the form via this website by midday on 8th December 2020.
St. Nicholas is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our children and staff. All staff are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS clearances, references, medical clearances and other recruitment checks.
Information about the School
St. Nicholas is part of a federation of two schools. We value the individuality of each school; whilst we also believe that it is vital that we share expertise and resources effectively in order to survive and thrive as small schools. The successful candidate will be expected to work across the federation and travel between schools when necessary. If you believe that this role is for you, then please do get in touch ahead of your application, we'd love to speak to you; normally we would encourage visits, but this is not possible at this time due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The best way to contact us is via email to email@example.com
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of an appropriate Enhanced eDBS check, as well as other checks and clearances.