Download printable version
Maternity Cover Class Teacher - with an Interest in Teaching Core Subjects and Outdoor Learning
Full-Time Fixed Term Class Teacher - Maternity Cover 22nd February 2021-31st August 2021
Main Pay Range in accordance with School Teachers' Pay & Conditions Document + 1SEN
Required February 2021
We are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Class Teacher with experience in the SEN sector to work with students aged 14-19 on the College site. This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of an innovative, inspiring learning environment with high expectations of students and staff.
The role includes:
· To assist in maintaining and developing the College as 'outstanding', providing the highest standard of teaching and learning for all students. Support the Leadership Team (LT) to secure an excellent curriculum and assessment strategy providing a high-quality education system that achieves high standards for students;
· To have an interest in the Outdoor Curriculum and promote Health and Well Being through Outdoor Pursuits and Community based activities;
· Undertake all aspects of a Class Teacher's responsibilities as shown in the Teacher Standards and to have a particular interest in teaching core subjects;
· Support the LT to track, monitor and evaluate the curriculum and assessments across the College and implement quality assurance procedures;
· Use data analysis to inform development planning that improves student progress and attainment across the College;
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020 (midday)
*Provisional Interview date: Thursday 10th December 2020 (AM)
*Please note that this is subject to change and may have to be organised virtually due to Covid-19 guidelines
SEAX Trust application form MUST BE COMPLETED - available on the college website with additional information, Essex Job Scene website or on request from the college office. Visits are currently restricted due to Covid-19, however candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.thriftwoodschool.com
References: Referees will be contacted prior to the interview date to request references on all shortlisted candidates. The Trust may review social media relating to shortlisted candidates as part of the screening process to ascertain whether candidates demonstrate appropriate conduct and behaviour and suitability for employment in an educational environment.
Application forms should be addressed to -
Mrs Gemma Baker
PA to the Headteacher
Essex CM1 2BN
The SEAX Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This includes obtaining references and ensuring compliance with the Disclosure and Barring Service process.
Information about the School
Thriftwood is an outstanding SEND School and College, offering a wealth of opportunities and experiences to its pupils, their families and staff. It is based on two sites in Chelmsford; Thriftwood School site lies in Galleywood and Thriftwood College in Melbourne. It forms a part of the SEAX Multi-Academy Trust, which encompasses provisions across Essex and the Trust Headquarters are based at Thriftwood College.