Download printable version
Purford Green Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to provide support for a child with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) in our EYFS Reception class.
This is a temporary post subject to Educational Health Care Plan reviews and will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with a pupil on a one to one basis, in addition to assisting within group sessions under the direction of the class teacher and Inclusion Team. They will also be expected to support the child during lunchtime.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Have the skills to build a positive, nurturing relationship that models inclusion, patience and high expectations
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be calm, resilient and tactful
• Be highly motivated and well organised
• Show initiative and work as part of a team
• Attend relevant training and apply a range of skills and strategies to meet the child's needs as required
• Have an understanding and experience of managing children with Communication Difficulties/Autism and/or Developmental Delay (desirable but not essential for the right candidate)
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to join a committed, supportive team with happy, enthusiastic and motivated children
• Supportive staff, parents and governors
• Opportunities for professional development
15 hours per week (11am - 2pm)
39 working weeks (44.3 paid weeks)
Salary: Scale 3 Point 4 - £6737.03 pro rata per annum (fringe allowance included)
Fixed term contract - initially until July 2021
Closing date: Wednesday 28th October 2020
Interviews: Week beginning 2nd November 2020
To apply please complete and return the application form with a covering letter and current CV to Miss Tunai Musa at firstname.lastname@example.org
'PCLC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service'