Download printable version
Band A (Range £16,322 to £18,019 actual per annum)
37 Hours per Week
Term Time plus 3 additional weeks during school closure
Start Date November 2020
St Clere's School are currently seeking applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. We wish to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic team member to take on this role in a successful and supportive school. The successful applicant will work within the schools administration team providing support as follows:
· Administrative support for all areas of the school
· Covering Reception for as/when required.
· Being a point of call for parents and visitors
· Providing administrative support to Heads of Year.
· Providing cover for the School Medical Officer
· Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate should have :-
· English and Maths GCSE A to C grade is essential.
· Previous experience of working in a busy, professional, educational environment.
· Experience of working in a busy Reception.
· Detailed knowledge of applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of SIMs is desirable but not essential, as training will be given.
· First Aid experience would be beneficial, however training can be provided
· Good communication, ICT and organisational skills, with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
· The ability to work under pressure in an environment where there are constant interruptions.
· The ability to work on their own initiative.
· A high level of confidentiality is essential.
Contact details: Marie Poole, HR Officer 01375 648962
Closing date: 31st October 2020
Interview dates: tba
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
St Clere’s School is a secondary school and Co-operative Academy with an ethos that promotes excellence for all. Everything we do is underpinned by Co-operative values that guide and develop our students through their education to become successful, responsible and confident adults. We work in partnership with a family of schools including East Tilbury Primary School, Stanford-le-Hope Primary School, Thameside Primary School, Arthur Bugler Primary School and Brentwood County High School. Due to our excellent Science facilities and results, we were awarded Specialist Science College status in 2010. We have since been awarded a second specialism in Sport because of our outstanding amenities and standards.
We have over 1100 students here, who are busy finding out that learning can be enjoyable and will bring them greater opportunities in life. Our well-qualified staff teach with great energy and expertise in an environment that has exceptional standards.
St Clere’s School is located on the edge of Stanford-le-Hope, a short distance from the A13, and is surrounded by a large expanse of playing fields, which enable us to enjoy a vast array of sports. We have a range of facilities including a state of the art Drama studio, an Apple Mac suite, fully refurbished Science labs, Sports Pavilion, 3G all weather floodlit pitch, tennis courts and an exceptionally well-stocked Library with research and quiet study space. In addition, we have classrooms with up-to-date ICT resources, which enhance the teaching for all students and provide a comfortable environment in which to learn.
Our reputation is one of very high academic standards and outstanding pupil conduct. St Clere’s School has gone from strength to strength and the past few years, St. Clere's School pupils have achieved significantly above national results. The Maths department have continued their trend of results, high in the 80s where one third of pupils left with a top grade of 7 to 9. The English department has also mirrored that success with results high in the 80s and significantly above national. Additionally, our progress score continues to be a solid positive and our Ebacc results are above national. Both ICT and separate sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) were 100% A* to C. These results are significantly above national figures and some of the best results in the history of our school, demonstrating: high quality teaching and learning; continuous dedication of staff and the engagement for learning of our pupils. All of this is evident on a daily basis at St Clere’s School.