Download printable version
Willows Primary School & Nursery has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer to join the team.
The position is for 37 hours per week during term time plus 4 weeks.
Salary Scale 5, Range 8-11 (£19,402 - £20,555 dependent on experience) including paid annual leave which must be taken during school closure periods.
Closing Date: 1st November 2020. Interview Date: To be agreed.
The Willows Primary School and Nursery is located at Church Road, Basildon. We are one of eight schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Finance Officer who will contribute to the smooth running of the school by providing professional and efficient financial support.
The successful candidate will:
· have experience of working within a financial administration, ideally within an educational environment, with a good understanding of financial procedures, payroll, reconciliations and budget management
· have strong organisational skills and the ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
· work well as part of a team as well as the ability to work independently and prioritise effectively to meet strict deadlines
· have excellent IT skills and show initiative and commitment to improving and developing their own practice
If successful you can expect:
· a warm, friendly, encouraging team of school based and centrally based staff
· structured support and supervision with regular team meetings
· a range of training and development opportunities
· membership of the Local Government Defined Benefits Pension Scheme
Berlesduna is Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
We strongly recommend you have a chat with the Headteacher prior to application. This can be arranged bycontactingRussell Short, Office Manageron email@example.com or by phone 01268 470880.
Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Internal applicants should submit a supporting statement directly to the Headteacher by the closing date.
Information about the School
The Willows Primary School and Nursery is a vibrant, happy and child focused school with a friendly family atmosphere which is located within a large and spacious environment. We are one of seven schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.