Download printable version
PHILIP MORANT SCHOOL AND COLLEGE
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5, Point 8
Actual Salary £14,904
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to supervise whole classes during the absence of teachers.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Giving instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher. The primary focus of the role will be to maintain good order and to keep students on task.
• Responding to general questions from the students and providing feedback to teachers (but will not be required to undertake the specific work of planning, preparation, assessment, recording and reporting).
• Supervising individual or very small groups of students as required, including working in our Student Internal Seclusion Unit for students who are currently not accessing the main curriculum.
• Supporting the learning of specific students with learning difficulties as required in the classroom under the direction and guidance of the Lead Teacher of Learning Support.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you:
• Have GCSE Grade A to C or equivalent in English and Maths.
• Can work as a member of a team, to help supervise and manage the behaviour of the students and to encourage and support the students' learning.
• Act as a role model and set high expectation of conduct and behaviour.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom, support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
• Promote positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour, keeping students on task and respond to general queries.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School and College?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 31.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 427. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 18th October 2020.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.