Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant / Midday Assistant
Contract: Fixed Term (ending 31st August 2021)
Hours per week: 22 hours and 30 minutes per week (38 weeks - Term time only)
Salary: £9,877.44 to £10,068.84 per annum pro-rata (including fringe allowance)
(FTE £19,559.00 to £19,938.00 per annum, including £626.00 fringe allowance.)
Start Date: Soon as possible after interview date
Closing Date:Sunday 1st November 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 11th November 2020
Bardfield Academy are seeking a highly motivated SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant/Midday Assistant to provide support to children with EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 22 hours and 30 mins per week, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 13.00 pm, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and preferably to have experience of working with children with disabilities or learning difficulties.
We would like to hear from you if you:
● Have excellent communication skills.
● Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
● Are seeking a rewarding role.
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
● Have creative and practical skills for activities and displays.
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
In addition, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification including an online application form, please contact SEAT Trust Recruitment via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bardfield Academy is a very supportive school and highly promotes the personal development of all staff. Bardfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow the safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.