Download printable version
We are looking to recruit an efficent, hardworking and organised person, to join our friendly office team in the role of Finance Officer
Working hours: 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday - Friday, Term time plus INSET days and 2 weeks during the holidays.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Finance management, including budget preparation/monitoring and Governor reporting
- Operating, maintaining and developing the administrative procedures
-Day to day running of the school finance systems including ordering of resources, processing of invoices and reconciliing bank accounts
-Managing all financial matters in accordance with the school's Financial Regulations.
We are ideally looking for someone who has;
- Experience and understanding of all of the relevant financial processes and systems needed in the efficient running of a school
- Experience of working with SIMS FMS or other similar school accounting software (Not essential as training will be given)
- Is able to work well under pressure and is able to maintain an excellent professional working manner at all times
- Is prepared to muck in and help out when needed, both in the office and occasionally in the classroom.
Lexden Springs is an inspiring school where no two days are ever the same (but a smile is always guaranteed!) which caters for pupils aged 3 - 19 who have a variety of severe learning difficulties, including some with autism and/or challenging behaviour and some with serious medical conditions.
We pride ourselves in having high quality and enthusiastic staff that encourage our pupils to achieve their fullest potential academically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally, spiritually and aesthetically, enabling each pupil to grow in confidence, and able to participate in the wider community. We support our staff in doing this by offering a high level of training and development throughout their time at Lexden Springs and encouraging them too to also reach their fullest potential.
Our Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Due to current restrictions visits to the school are not currently possible. We strongly encourage potential candidates to explore our website for further details relating to our school. We will be conducting interviews over the next few weeks via Microsoft Teams.