Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
SEN Learning Support Assistant
1 Fixed Term Contract to expire July 2021
Salary - Band 3 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scale) - Salary Range - £18,066 (Pro-rota salary £12,867)
30 hours per week
Start date: October2020
Location: Holy Cross Catholic Primary, South Ockendon
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is/ has a:
· Can do attitude.
· Professional and reliable.
· Excellent and varied behaviour management skills, specifically those relating to social communication/ASD
· Experience of working with children with emotional, behavioural needs; particularly those with social communication difficulties
This LSA role will involve working with a child on a one to one basis and supporting small groups with pupils with a range of SEND in the primary age range from 4-11, particularly those presenting with emotional, behavioural needs
This ideally would suit someone who wants to work with SEND students and who has past experience in this kind of role, with particular experience working with younger pupils presenting with emotional, behavioural needs
Responsibilities / Requirements:
· Working One to One with pupils from various backgrounds and needs.
· Reporting daily to the Class teacher and/or SENCo
· Implementing strategies and interventions recommended by outside agencies such as Speech and Language therapists and ASD outreach
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· A dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work in partnership and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support and sharing practices whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 25th September at midday
Interviews: Thursday 1st October
Start Date: Monday 12th October (or as close as possible to this date)
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk.
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted