Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
27.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 08:45am until 3.15pm - term time only
Salary - Scale 3 (CCT Essex Academies Pay Scale) - Salary Range - Point 4-5 (£18,426 - £18,795 Full Time Equivalent), plus Outer Fringe Allowance (£609) Salary to be pro-rata and pay award pending.
The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: St Peter's Catholic Primary, Billericay
'Loving and learning together, with Jesus'
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our team. The post involves supporting learning within the classroom; working with individuals and small groups to engage pupils, develop their self-confidence and fostering independence.
The successful applicant will:
· Believe in the potential of every child.
· Be resilient.
· Be positive, show initiative and flexibility.
· Possess a good sense of humour.
· Be a strong team member.
· Be able to liaise with the class teacher and others who will support you in your role.
· Have high expectations for all pupils.
· Possess a can-do attitude to pupil achievement.
Our children are enthusiastic learners who work with staff to provide a supportive and welcoming environment
Information about the Academy:
St Peter's Catholic Primary is a National Support School and a Teaching School, leading the Billericay Community Trust Teaching School Alliance. It is a two-form entry school which holds various awards including the International Schools Award, Healthy Schools Award and the International ECO-Schools Award, amongst others.
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
· Commitment to ensure that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
· The desire to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take solution -focused approach.
· A comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels
St Peter's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 2rd October 2020 at midday
Interview date: Thursday, 8th October 2020
Interviews date to be confirmed, but note it will take place via ZOOM (virtual communication)
If you want to visit the academy please email palomaGI@Christus.org.uk who will liaise with the academy to arrange your visit.
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk.
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Information about the School
St Peter's Catholic Primary School is a National Support School and a Teaching School, leading the Billericay Community Trust Teaching School Alliance. It is a two-form entry school which holds various awards including the International Schools Award, Healthy Schools Award and the International ECO-Schools Award, amongst others.