Download printable version
Class Teacher (0.4)
Inspire their remarkable with us
Graded as 'outstanding' by Ofsted, Columbus is a leading all-age special school for children and young people aged 3-19 with severe and profound learning difficulties based in Chelmsford, Essex. We deliver an outstanding education to students in our impressive, purpose-built environment.
We are looking for an inspirational Class Teacher with a passion for SEN and a creative, inspirational approach to delivering the curriculum, to join our thriving school and make a real difference to the lives of our learners!
If you have the drive and determination to ensure students make progress and you firmly believe that you can improve and enhance their experience, your application would be most welcomed!
We would strongly encourage you to visit the school - please contact the Principal's PA on 01245 491492 to arrange.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career- We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support- We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
- More chance to see what's out there- We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience- You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact- G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time- We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Start date -. January 2021 or sooner.
Closing date- Friday 2 October 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the 'apply button.'
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.