Download printable version
Teaching Assistant required. Term time only + 2 training days. 8.30am to 3.45pm.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a specific pupil and/or with groups of SEND pupils. The role involves supporting particular pupils that may have challenging behavioural needs. You will support their learning and social emotional development in line with school policies and procedures.
We are looking for a person who:
- remains calm under pressure, is resilient and caring
- is able to provide an inclusive environment
- is enthusiastic about working with children
- is able to think on their feet and try new things
- is an effective communicator with pupils and staff
- is able to build and maintain effective relationships
- demonstrates excellent positive behaviour management techniques
- possesses good Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Experience in supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs is desirable.
You will work closely with the class teacher and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator as needed. Whilst you will be expected to work under the direction of the class teacher, you will also have the ability to use your own initiative to organise tasks and activities. You will be required to use your observations and understandings of the pupil, to provide a change of task when necessary in order to support learning. You will be expected to provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupil's progress and attend achievement meetings as required.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Incomplete applications will not be successful. CVs will not be accepted.
Details and application form can be sent by email upon request from Mrs Mason.
West Thurrock Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, health check and two satisfactory references.