Download printable version
Catering Manager, Lakelands Primary School
Term time only plus two weeks (40 weeks)
Scale 5 Point 8
£20,493 pro rata
Initially 20 hours per week with the expectation of increasing to 25hours per week when the school numbers have increased significantly.
Lakelands Primary School is a brand new primary school in Stanway that opened to the first cohort of pupils in September 2020. We will be moving to our permanent home in early November 2020. There is currently one class of Reception pupils, and the school will continue to grow year on year, until we are full in 2027.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and friendly catering manager to prepare healthy, fresh home cooked food for our pupils. Experience of a similar environment and of supervising staff would be advantage as would knowledge of budgets and menu planning although as part of our commitment to staff development training will be available. The post holder can expect to work as part of a committed school team
School lunchtimes are an integral part of our whole school ethos - it is where we all come together as a community and build relationships outside of the classroom. As part of this ethos, we will be looking to incorporate a 'family dining service' where children will consolidate skills such as table manners, pouring their own water and helping to set the table. Our staff will eat with the children, supporting them to develop and maintain healthy eating habits.
The successful candidate must have:
- An understanding of relevant polices/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation for food hygiene.
- An ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- Confidence in dealing with young people, maintaining discipline, motivation and ensuring well-being of children
- The ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post, including lifting, carrying and pushing food boxes, trolleys and being able to move chairs, tables and other school furniture in order to undertake duties
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Please contact Dee Denning via email email@example.com or telephone 07514167381 for further information and an application pack.
Closing date: Midday 18 September 2020
Interview date: 22nd September 2020
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
· Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
· Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
· The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Lakelands Primary School is a brand new primary school opening in September 2020 with state of the art facilities in Stanway, Colchester. The school will open in September 2020, welcoming our first cohort of 60 reception aged children in two classes. Year on year the school will grow, providing 420 places for local children between four and eleven years old by 2026. At Lakelands Primary School we are creating a new school where children can thrive and flourish and fulfil their potential.