Download printable version
An exciting opportunity for an experienced School Business Manager, or Bursar looking for promotion, to join the Senior Leadership Team of an established Junior School.
Hours: 37 hours per week - term time (39 weeks per year) plus 2 weeks
Salary: LGPS Scale 9 (£32,910 to £36,922 pro rata and dependent upon experience)
Hazelmere Junior is a two form entry community junior school situated in the north east of Colchester. Ofsted judged the school to be 'Good' in October 2015.
Due to the impending retirement of the current post holder we are looking to welcome a new School Business Manager who can manage the provision of the key support areas of the school to support teaching and learning including:
· Financial Management
· Resources and Facilities Management
· HR and Data Management
You will be expected to support the Headteacher and Governors in maintaining the high standards of financial and business management that currently exist. This is a key senior role within the school and you will be expected to lead in all non-teaching areas and bring a strong voice to the Senior Leadership Team. You will also line-manage administrative, site management, cleaning and midday staff.
The successful candidate will have:
· Sound experience of financial management and budgetary control in schools with the relevant qualifications.
· Experience or a sound understanding of income generation strategies
· Experience of IT and knowledge of accounting and Management Information Systems, eg SIMS
· A sound understanding and knowledge of human resources and payroll
· Sound leadership skills and the ability to effectively line-manage staff
· A high degree of motivation to be fully committed to working in a school environment
· A willingness and passion to get involved in the wider aspects of school life
· The skills to promote a positive image of the school through your work
· The ability to work to deadlines, on your own initiative as well as part of a team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We can offer:
· A pleasant and welcoming working environment
· An established, friendly and motivated team of staff
· The opportunity to help shape the future direction of the school
· Supportive governors
· Continuing Professional Development opportunities
· Salary growth potential from your starting point
· The school is part of a consortium of local schools, which provides excellent support and networking opportunities including support from Consortium Finance Manager
Hazelmere Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Paula Derwin to arrange an informal appointment on 01206 862691 or email: email@example.com.