Download printable version
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Scale5 Points 8-11
(£19,945-£21,166 pro rata)
31 hours per week (Daily hours to be confirmed with successful candidate)
Term time plus 5 inset days (39 weeks per year)
Fixed term to 31 August 2021
We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). The role of the HLTA is to work across the school to provide cover during PPA or when teachers are absent from school. At other times you will be completing interventions, supporting classes, individuals or small groups of children.
We are looking for a candidate who:
· Has a HTLA qualification
· Is able to provide and deliver learning activities to whole classes in Early Years and Key Stage 1
· Has a proven track record of delivering high quality interventions
· Is committed to raising standards and meeting the needs of individual children
· Is positive, enthusiastic and a real team player
· Is self-motivated, resilient and able to work using their own initiative
Applicants must hold English and mathematics qualifications, at least GCSE grade C or equivalent.
For more information about our school, please visit: www.barnesfarminfants.co.uk
Visits to the schools are strongly encouraged and can be booked by phoning 01245 467474 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applicationsMidday Thursday 10 September 2020
Interviews will take place Wednesday 16th September 2020.
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership Trust
Everyone in our community is committed to working collaboratively, enabling all to experience a successful journey to become a confident, resilient, respectful and lifelong learner who aspires to be the very best they can be.
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
· Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
· Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
· The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Barnes Farm Infant School is a school for 4 -7 year old children in Chelmsford, Essex. We have a wonderful team of staff, active and informed governors and supportive families who all help the children to be safe and happy and to make exceptional progress. It is our aim to make sure that all members of our school community are supported and feel included and valued.
The children are divided into classes according to age. Children will progress through the National Curriculum on an individual basis with appropriate individual educational plans being provided for children with special educational needs and for gifted and talented pupils.