Download printable version
Part Time Higher Level Teaching Assistant Scale 6 (2020) - Modern Foreign Language
8:30 am to 3:30 pm Tuesdays term time only
Salary: £2,893.93 to £3,254.44 per annum
Required from September 2020, a part time HLTA to teach Spanish preferably across KS2 in order to provide PPA cover on a Tuesday (6 hours) per week.
Other supply work, on an overtime basis, for planned and unplanned absence as well as intervention work will also be available on a flexible, needs basis. The HLTA qualification is desirable but not essential.
You will require:
· Effective teaching and class management skills
· Fluency in a modern foreign language - Spanish preferred
· The ability to work closely with Class Teachers to provide a high-quality education for pupils
· A good sense of humour and willingness to be part of the St Michael's team
· Minimum educational requirements: GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above (or equivalent) together with evidence of continued professional development
We can offer you:
· Motivated and well-behaved pupils
· A supportive, friendly and fun-loving staff team
· Continued professional development opportunities.
· Whole staff well-being scheme with Schools Advisory Service, which includes:
- relaxation room podcasts,
- mindfulness support,
- annual on-site health screening,
- menopause support,
- GP video and phone conversations
Unfortunately, visits to the school are not possible at the moment due to the current pandemic, however a telephone conversation or Zoom call with the Headteacher is offered and the opportunity to speak to another member of the teaching staff if needed.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 13th July over Zoom.