Download printable version
Our school is currently seekingan enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to support a child with severe hearing loss in receipt of an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Level 1 BSL is essential, as well as a willingness to gain further BSL qualifiactions.
Good qualifications and previous experience of working with young children are essential; however, additional training would be offered as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- be enthusiastic and flexible
- be able to work co-operatively as part of a close-knit team
- have knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
- have excellent behaviour management skills
- be positive and motivational
- have good communication skills
You will be expected to:
- take some responsibility for the progress of SEN pupils
- help to organise resources and the classroom to create a positive learning environment
- motivate pupils
- work with the SENCO, teachers and other LSAs to plan and coordinate work
- help SEN pupils to take part in school events and activities
- be patient, empathetic, and have an ability to build rapport with children and their parents.
- have a clear understanding of safeguarding and keeping children safe in education.