Download printable version
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Level 3 Early years qualification and at least 2years experience as a Senior Nursery Nurse or Room Leader in a similar role.
If you have an enthusiastic and positive attitude along with excellent communication and written skills, and the ability to build strong, supportive relationships with children, parents and staff, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Role and Responsibilities
· Under the direction of the Deputy Manager and Nursery Manager, take responsibility for drawing up curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage for the children in your care
· Ensure that room staff, volunteers (e.g. students) and resources are effectively managed.
· Be responsible for providing a high quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offering appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
· Manage the key person system and be responsible for implementing systems of observation, record keeping and report writing so that children's progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed.
· Act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
· Ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident records and daily safety checks.
· Observe and record children's progress and produce accurate, well written Learning Journeys, within agreed timescales.
· Ensure that the team under your direction also produce accurate, well written Learning Journey within agreed timescales.
· Liaise closely with parents/carers, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' interest and involvement.
· Ensure the room is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, and health and safety procedures are implemented at all times.
· Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
· Keep up to date with current good practice.
· Ensuring routines are being followed and run smoothly.
Room Leader Skills/Qualifications:
· Level 3 (or above) full and relevant Childcare Qualification
· Minimum 2 years' post qualification
· Relevant childcare qualifications in accordance with OFSTED guidelines
· Thorough understanding and knowledge of legislation including EYFS
· Empathetic, caring and friendly
· Enthusiastic, positive attitude
· Solution not problem lead
· Able to handle change
· Excellent understanding of the characteristics of effective learning
· Love of the outdoors and can promote to others the value of outdoor learning
· Competitive salary.
· Excellent career progression opportunities.
· In-house training..